Hurworth Grange Social Club41 Hurworth Rd
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Hurworth Grange was built as a wedding present in 1875 by Alfred Backhouse for his nephew James Edward Backhouse. The architect for the building was Sir Alfred Waterhouse. In 1955, the Grange was purchased by the Brothers of St John of God at St Cuthbert's hospital and used as a school for boys wishing to become hospitaller brothers.